Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bassett's Ice Cream


This post is a few days late but on my last day in Philadelphia I grabbed some ice cream from Bassett's in the Reading Terminal Market. The location was nothing special, a counter and some stools just like most places in the market but the home made ice cream was awesome. I tried the Gadzooks, chocolate ice cream with peanut butter brownies and caramel swirl.

This flavor was right up my alley with many favorite flavors. It was smooth and creamy but chewy and crunchy from the brownies and nuts. I could have eaten a gallon of the ice cream but a few scoops on a well made waffle cone was perfect. There is not much more to say about the ice cream, it was great!

I would go back and try other flavors but the wonderful thing is that you can ship the ice cream anywhere in the country. Bassetts has partnered with the Page General Store at http://www.pageneralstore.com/ to ship a 6 pint case for $45. Fully worth it, I will be ordering some Gadzooks and a few others next month.

Rating 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment